Caregiver in River Oaks TX
There’s something to be said about the comfort that familiar people and a daily routine brings to one’s self. This comfort is important in all stages of life, from your time as an infant to your senior years. Not only is the comfort important, but there are several proven benefits of familiarity and routine:
· It has been proven that seniors suffering from Dementia experience a better quality of life with an established routine. There is a certain comfort that comes with knowing that a shower comes after breakfast and that a walk around the block comes after a nap. Being able to anticipate the next step helps to ease the anxiety and worry of being blindsided by the unknown.
· Aside from easing anxiety in those with Dementia, a routine also helps to reduce confusion and, in turn, lessen negative behavior. In most cases agitation and frustration come from chaotic environments and/or a breakdown in the daily routine.
· Routine also helps to diminish distractions not only for the client, but also for the caregiver. Having a set daily and weekly schedule ensures a positive balance of personal assistance and companionship. Many times a caregiver is only there for a few hours and it is important that all tasks can be completed in a safe manner.
· Having a set list of tasks is not the only important part of a routine; a consistent caregiver plays a vital role in the routine as well. Having a consistent caregiver day in and day out helps to alleviate confusion, anxiety and stress, not only in those with Dementia, but for all clients who are inviting a caregiver into their home for support.
· Perhaps the key to all that has been mentioned above is that having a consistent caregiver helps build a trusting and secure relationship between the caregiver and client. Having this strong relationship is truly the foundation of successful in-home support.
Now, unless you are some sort of super human, we all know that the unexpected happens and sometimes it is necessary to deviate from routine. Not every single day is going to go smoothly. This is ok; that is where that strong relationship will prevail and get both the caregiver and the client through the rough patch and on to the next day.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of caregiver services in River Oaks, TX, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care. We are available to answer your senior care questions! Call Today at (832) 602-2282. Providing care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City.
Gary completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management on a full-ride scholarship at North Dakota State University. He returned back to his hometown of Houston & joined the Houston Police Department, putting his life on the line to keep others safe. Currently Gary stays involved with the police force through monthly volunteer work, but his main priority is New Frontier Home Care, where he serves as Marketing Director.
Gary is a Verified Google Author