With the Summer months upon us, we at New Frontier Home Care wanted to share a quick and easy recipe for a Chickpea Salad that can be eaten as a sandwich or even used as a veggie dip. Check it out below…
What you’ll need:
- 1 (15oz.) can of chickpeas – drained & rinsed
- 2 stalks of celery – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickle – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper – finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
How to put it together:
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas using a potato masher until flaked in texture.
- Stir in the celery, red onion, pickles, red bell pepper, mayonnaise and garlic until combined.
- Then stir in the mustard and season with salt and pepper (adjust amount to taste).
- Serve with toasted bread, on crackers, wraps or even add to a salad!
We hope you enjoy this fresh summer recipe!
If you or an aging loved one are in need of elder care services in the Greater Houston area, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care.We are available to answer your senior care questions!
Call today at (832) 602-2282.
Providing care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City.