Elder Care near Memorial, TX – The Goal of Medication Management
For many older adults and seniors, managing medication can be tougher as you age. Issues like conflicting schedules for medications or memory loss because of an illness or aging are common problems for those taking multiple medications. Even the similar shape or colors of certain medications can cause confusion and result in taking these prescriptions at the wrong time. This can easily be avoided and corrected by a little organization.
Luckily, you can use a handy website to help your parent manage the medications he or she takes. Destination RX provides information on the costs of medication, as well as important information on the drugs themselves. One of the best features of Destination RX is that it is free, simple to use, and can help you manage which medications your parent is taking or considering taking. Keep reading to find out more about this tool and how you can use it to your senior loved one’s benefit.
Even better, the website has a feature that can assist your loved one with searching local pharmacies to find good deals on medications. Destination RX has been described as being functional and very user-friendly. If you have a professional caregiver or home care for the elderly, ask the caregiver to help your parent use this website for their medications. A caregiver can organize pill bottles, take your parent shopping for medications, and remind them when it’s time to take each one.
Some of the many tools you can use on Destination RX are:
- Find lower cost prescriptions by comparing similar medications or looking at pharmacies with cheaper prices or rates
- Search local pharmacies in your senior’s area
- Contract and compare different parts of Medicare. Your parent can even apply for this online.
- Compare information on medications like amount per bottle, dosage, and side-effects
How to Use Destination RX
According to Destination RX, the biggest difference that may set them apart from other websites is the fact that they own and operate the most comprehensive drug medication price comparison database. By working with drug companies, non-profits, and government organizations, they maintain one of the best and most up-to-date systems of drug information.
How exactly can Destination RX help your elderly parent or a loved one with managing their medications?
- Stay better organized – By using the drug medication comparison and research information, there is instant access to nearly every medication. These can be saved on the computer or printed for easier reference.
- Save time saving money – Being able to search for local pharmacies means that you or a loved one has more time (instead of calling or driving around).
- Accessibility – Destination RX takes all the legwork out of researching medications, putting everything you need in one single location.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of elder care services in Memorial TX, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care. We are available to answer your senior care questions! Call Today (832) 664-7394. Providing Care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City Texas.
Gary completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management on a full-ride scholarship at North Dakota State University. He returned back to his hometown of Houston & joined the Houston Police Department, putting his life on the line to keep others safe. Currently Gary stays involved with the police force through monthly volunteer work, but his main priority is New Frontier Home Care, where he serves as Marketing Director.
Gary is a Verified Google Author