It’s summer time and easy-breezy recipes are a must for week night get-togethers and weekend BBQ’s. No one wants to be stuck in the hot kitchen preparing food for hours. Some of my favorite recipes are dishes that can be multi-purpose and this Black-Eyed Pea dish is not different:
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 2 Cans Black-Eyed Peas
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 Red Onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- Strain and rinse beans and black-eyed peas; pour into large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop vegetables (peppers, celery, onion and cilantro); add to mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, garlic & cumin; pour over ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together well; refrigerate for minimum of 1 hour.
- Serve as a stand-alone salad dish, a chip dip or even as a topping on tacos or a salad.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of elder care services in the Greater Houston area, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care. We are available to answer your senior care questions!
Call us at: (832) 602-2282.
Providing care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City.